statement of belief
1. We believe the Bible is the infallible Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and is the only and final authority for all matters of faith and conduct to which nothing can be added or removed. (2 Timothy 3:16; 1 Corinthians 2:13; Psalm 12:6; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
2. We believe in the Eternal Godhead who has revealed Himself as One God existing in Three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit; distinguishable but indivisible. (Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:1)
3. We believe in the creation, test and fall of man as recorded in the book of Genesis; his total spiritual depravity and inability to attain divine righteousness by his own works. (Romans 5:12-18; Ephesian 2:8) and that repentance and faith in Jesus Christ as commanded by God is necessary for salvation unto eternal life.
4. We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the one and only Son of God, the only saviour of men, conceived of the Holy Ghost, born of the virgin Mary, very God and very man. (Luke 1:26-35; Isaiah 7:14; 9:6)
5. We believe Jesus Christ died for our sins, was buried, rose again on the third day, and personally appeared unto His disciples. (1 Corinthians 15;1-4)
6. We believe in the bodily ascension of Jesus Christ to heaven, His exaltation and His coming again bodily the second time for His bride the Church. (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
7. We believe in the necessity of water baptism by immersion as a direct command of the Lord Jesus Christ. This ordinance is a representation of the believer ‘s identification with Christ in His death, burial and ascension. This we do in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19)
8. We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit as a real experience at or subsequent to salvation with the scriptural evidence of speaking in other tongues as the spirit gives utterance. (Acts 2:1-4; 8:14-17)
9. We believe in the operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit as enumerated in (1 Corinthians 12:7-11)
10.We believe in the believer leading a Spirit filled life, a life separation from worldly things and perfecting in holiness in the fear of God. (2 Corinthians 6:14; Ephesians 5:18)
11.We believe in divine healing in its varied aspects as revealed in the scriptures and practiced in the early Church. (Exodus 15:26; Isaiah 53:3-6; James 5:14; Acts 4:30; 1 Peter 2:24)
12.We believe in the table of the LORD, commonly called the Lord’s Supper as commemorating the death , and seconding coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 11:28-32)
13.We believe in the reality and personality of the devil and eternal judgment in the lake of fire for the devil and his angels. (Revelation 20:10-15)
14.We believe in eternal life for all believers (John 3:16; 5:24) and eternal punishment for all unbelievers. (Mark 9:43-48; 2 Thessalonians 1:9)
15.We believe that at Christ’s second coming, the dead in Christ will resurrect first and believers who are alive will be caught up with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17)
16.We believe in the existence of Angels as spiritual beings at the service of God sent to minister unto those who will inherit salvation. (Hebrews 1:4)
17.We believe there is one true universal Church made up of all genuine believers, which is composed of many local churches. The Church is under the sovereign headship of the Lord Jesus Christ; each local church exercising autonomous government under Him, administering its local affairs and ministry as well as the propagation of the gospel. (Ephesian 5:23; Mark 16:15)
18.We believe that Government is ordained by God. We declare our loyalty to our Government. We shall do all that is consistent with our faith to submit to her authority. (Romans 13:1-2).
Last Reviewed June, 2022
All enquiries be directed to the Minister-in-charge or the Church Administrator.
0788 826 9598